Sunday, July 31, 2011

North and South



The scene above takes place in the first half of North and South. This couple just seems like oil and water, right. Considering how they first met when Margaret sees Mr. Thornton yelling and about to thrash one of his workers, this is something of an improvement.

The genre requires that halfway through the story the main characters be x, yet these two do seem like they'll never get together.

North and South lacks the romance of great architecture or lovely gardens one expects in a British series. No one seems allowed to wear a cheerful color in Milton. That actually works in this story; it's the point of difference that hooked me. Margaret wasn't the most beautiful woman. She couldn't be a model, but that also works in the favor of the story as you believe that she'd be down to earth and would befriend factory workers.



I expected a "two star" pretty good experience, but the more I think of it, the more I like North and South and the more I'd like to read the novel. I'd give this three and a half stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment